the wonderful world of veena.

04 March 2015

a new reading challenge! sign me up.

I recently stumbled upon PopSugar's reading challenge for 2015 and became so excited I could hardly contain myself. There are few things I love more than a new reading challenge.

While this particular one calls for reading 52 books in a year, I am not going to put that much pressure on myself. I just find it an intriguing challenge to find books in each of the categories that appeal to me and to read those.

There are also a few books I'm planning to read that fall into more than one category on the list. I'm still deciding how I will handle those, but in the meantime it has been fun to read through and think of other books I've read - even just in the last few months - that fall into certain categories.

Both books I'm currently reading, for example, fall into multiple categories:
  • The Seventh Child [Erik Valeur] -- a book with more than 500 pages; a book with a number in the title; a mystery or thriller; a book set in a different country; a book by an author you've never read before
  • The Smartest Children in the World: And How They Got That Way [amanda ripley] -- a book by a female author; a nonfiction book; a book based on a true story; a book set in high school; a book by an author you've never read before
As I finish them up, I'll decide which category to cross off. In the meantime, I'm getting excited dreaming of all the books I get to read in the next few years!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment