the wonderful world of veena.

16 November 2012

time for the next adventure.

It appears it is time to move on the next adventure. Tomorrow I set out for Bombay to settle in for a few months and work on my Capstone project with Sujaya Foundation. I'm excited about spending some time with my friends there, working on a different project, and exploring a new city.

When I was young, my most distinct memory of coming to India was landing in the Bombay airport, and I have always been fascinated by the city and all it has to offer. I've not gotten to spend much time there as an adult, just a few hours here and there transiting between Surat and Bangalore, so I am really looking forward to a fun few months. I've got a few friends who are staying there, my cousin has just taken a job and shifted there, and a friend from the States and her boyfriend will be moving there in January, so there are going to be lots of opportunities for fun adventures and interesting stories.

As much as I love Bangalore, and although a part of my heart will always be here, I think it will be good for me to spend some time in a new place to get my bearings and sort out a few things. The past month has been a bit up-and-down, and I think a change of place and a change of pace is just what I need. And what better place than one of the most fascinating cities in the world?

To top it off, I'm really excited about beginning my project. I'll be doing an evaluation for Sujaya as well as creating a database to map the progress of the students enrolled in their programs. It's much more complicated and convoluted than that, but that's the main gist of it. I really enjoyed my work with Room to Read, and I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into a new project and getting to work with a new organization in India.

I think these next few months are going to be exciting and adventurous and intriguing, and I can't wait to document the trials and triumphs that lay ahead.

See you in Bombay...
woo pig.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment