the wonderful world of veena.

15 November 2012

30 thursdays: 30 favourite movies.

I normally hate being asked what is my "favourite" of anything, because I am extremely indecisive and usually cannot pick one of anything. So these lists of 30 are good for me because I can pick 30 favourites of something as opposed to only one and no one can get upset.

I've always loved watching movies, although I admit I've become more picky as I've gotten older about which movies I will voluntarily sit through, but that's mostly because they keep getting longer and more convoluted, in my opinion. That being said, however, there are some that I can always sit down and watch, no matter how long they are and no matter how many times I've already seen them. Especially sports movies. It doesn't matter that I've seen them and already know the outcome, I'll still watch them and will cheer loudly while doing so.

So here you have 30 of my all-time favourite movies, the ones that can always cheer me up [even if they're sad], the ones I've seen dozens of times, the ones I know all the words to...

30 favourite movies:

  1. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
  2. A Christmas Story
  3. Field of Dreams
  4. The Natural
  5. Beauty and the Beast
  6. The Little Mermaid
  7. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
  8. Gone With the Wind
  9. Rang de Basanti
  10. Silsila
  11. Old School
  12. Charlie Brown Christmas
  13. Anastasia
  14. Top Gun
  15. The Cutting Edge
  16. Dr No
  17. Goldfinger
  18. Peter Pan
  19. Harry Potter
  20. Ghostbusters
  21. Batman
  22. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
  23. A Time to Kill
  24. Finding Neverland
  25. Chocolat
  26. Benny & Joon
  27. Ocean's Eleven
  28. Good Will Hunting
  29. Sleepers
  30. Sleepless in Seattle
As you can see, I clearly have Christmas, Johnny Depp, Disney, and sports movies on the brain today. If I were to post this tomorrow, approximately 7 of the movies could change; it just kind of depends on what mood I'm in. But if any of these movies are on television, I'm pretty likely to drop whatever I'm doing and settle in to watch them.

And now I'm in the mood to stay in and have a movie marathon. Anyone care to join?
woo pig.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment