the wonderful world of veena.

25 April 2011

the pictures thus far.

I thought I would post some of the "daily" pictures that I've been taking these past few weeks.  I say "daily", because there are some days I don't get a chance to take any [I rarely leave the house on Sundays] and there are other days when I more to make up for it.  I think I'm going to try to post them more often, so it's not so many to go through, but for today there are quite a few.  Enjoy!

[out the back of the jeep on the way to Dabguli]

[this is how close together my house and another house are built. the white house is mine, the yellow is on the perpendicular street. no waste of space in India]

[some tree I found while wandering at the Boys' Home. if you have ideas on what it is, be sure to let me know]

[one of the flowering plants on Amai's terrace. the light was really nice that morning]

[auto rickshaws still in the process of being built. as seen out the window of the bus]

[the tree under which I have my chai in the morning and my lunch in the afternoon. outside the Boys' Home]

[crazy advertisement in Chamarajpet. don't look at it for too long, you'll hurt your face]

[if the footpaths don't have giant gaping holes, this is what they look like. it's safer and easier to just walk on the road]

[my reading and napping corner on nice afternoons]

[I had to take this picture quickly while walking and dealing with three bags, so I wasn't able to zoom in. I love the guy's combination of bright yellow shoes - which might be difficult to see - with a bright pink umbrella]

[this is what Magrath Road currently looks like. it's a wonder I haven't had any major disasters yet]

[one of the girls at Doddabelle school]

[this guy was hanging out at the school while the kids were rehearsing their play]

[5 years ago, when I was an intern, this was a giant gaping hole on the way from Mysore Road to Doddabelle. now it's the nicest road in the city. excuse the poor photography, my auto driver thought he was a Formula One driver]

[this was the 4th picture of this girl. in the first she looked terrified, but once I showed her the picture, she warmed up, and I was able to catch her half-smiling half-laughing]

It's been a fun project thus far.  I find myself noticing buildings and shops and signs that I'm sure have been there for years but that I have just not paid attention to before.  Here's hoping I keep up with it.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment