the wonderful world of veena.

07 March 2011

less than a month.

It is now officially less than a month until I find out whether or not I've been accepted to the Clinton School for this fall.  Once I finished the GRE, I did a fairly good job [in my astute opinion] of putting it out of my mind and concentrating on other things.  But now that it's down to less than a month, my mind is constantly racing.

What all will I need to do if I get accepted?  I need to find a place to live.  I need to get a job.  I haven't been in school for nearly 7 years - lots of things will have changed, what if I can't keep up?  I have to get back in the flow of classes and writing and projects.  Will I be able to balance school and work?  Re-acclimating to life in the US [at least I have lots of friends from Helena who are now living in Little Rock].

and on the flip-side:

What if I don't get in?  Where do I want to go, what do I want to do?  Job applications, finding a place to live.  Acclimating to a new city, meeting new people.  How long do I stay?  Do I apply to other grad programs, or do I start planning an immediate return to Bangalore?

I know I should just wait out the remaining 3 weeks before really worrying about all of this, because at least at that point I'll know one way or the other.  But anyone who knows me knows that I'm not exactly the greatest at sitting and waiting.  I'm trying to keep myself distracted, but there are too many hours spent alone on buses where these thoughts keep popping up.

So here we go.  These next few weeks are going to be interesting.  Keep those fingers - and maybe a few toes - crossed for me, won't you?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment