the wonderful world of veena.

14 July 2011

fun things on the horizon.

At the moment there aren't a whole lot of things to talk about.  I mostly spend my days reading my required stuff for the fall semester and running an errand or two, picking up various things I'll need for my house, as well as books I'll not have time to read for at least a few more months.

There are, however, many exciting things to look forward to, such as...

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 2.  there are 2 reasons I did not go for the midnight premiere: 1 [and most important] is that it is summer, and I did not feel like dealing with a lot of annoying teenagers, and 2 is that I told my brother I would see it with him, and I told Anna Ivey that I would see it with her, so that already covers my normal 2 viewings.

visiting Mindy!  I haven't seen the best friend in about 3 and a half years, back when she was living in Denver, so we're long overdue for a reunion.  she is living in Charleston, South Carolina, and I figured this was a good time for a first visit to Charleston.  plus Ashley is living there as well, so I can see her, too.  I always love those win-win situations.

moving to Little Rock.  it's official, I have found a house, and I will be moving sometime in the next 3 weeks.  there are still a lot of things I need to get taken care of, such as purchasing a bed, but I'm excited about getting there and getting settled in.  there are lots of folks from Helena and from Rhodes who are living there, and I'm looking forward to catching up with all of them.  plus the fact that there will be a few Arkansas games to attend makes me super-excited.

a super-secret trip.  I cannot currently divulge the details of this trip, because I do not know if the recipient of the surprise trip is a reader of this blog.  for now, I will remain quiet, but once the trip happens, I will let you know.

Haygood is coming to visit!  he's another one I haven't seen in years - 4 in his case - so he is coming back down South over Labor Day weekend.  at the moment we are planning on playing tourist in Memphis: going to Graceland; having a picnic on the river; lounging on Beale Street; visiting the Civil Rights Museum; etc.  it's something I've been wanting to do for a few months now, and I can't think of anyone I'd rather do it with.

I think I'm pretty well set for the next few months.  oh yeah, and I have to attend grad school somewhere in there...
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment