the wonderful world of veena.

07 July 2014

hitting the road for 5 weeks.

This next month is going to be a crazy one, but it is sure to be a fun and adventurous one as well.

I am heading out today for 5 weeks on the road. In those weeks I will be visiting Nashville, Knoxville, Charlotte, Carolina Beach, Charlottesville, Richmond, Chattanooga, and Asheville. I will be catching up with friends I've not seen in years and hopefully meeting a few new ones. I will be re-visiting places I've been before and exploring new towns and new sights. And I cannot wait for it to begin.

It has been years since I've been on a proper road trip - multiple states, random stops, lots of exploring - and I have been finding it difficult to talk about anything else. Between finalizing dates with friends, booking accommodations, planning routes, researching which museums I want to visit, figuring out budgets, and selecting audiobooks and podcasts to keep me company, it has been both a fun and a taxing process, and one that I have shared with anyone who would listen [and often those who didn't want to]. You know how they say that the anticipation of a trip is often better than the trip itself? I tend to agree with that, but in this case, I think I will be glad once the prep work is over and I am actually on the road.

I don't know yet how often or in what format I will be updating this space in the coming weeks. In some places I'll be busy, and in others I'll be directing my schedule a bit more, so it will come in stages, just like it always does. But I am excited to chronicle my adventures on here, in whatever capacity it may be, so that I can return to it in the future.

So here's to road trips and all they bring with them. Friends, both old and new. Adventures, both good and not-so-good. Memories, both big and small. And everything in between.

And especially to Bojangle's, which I fully expect to eat at least every third day while I'm on the road.
xx

ps - I will likely be on an Instagram frenzy these next few weeks, so feel free to follow along on there, if you like. You can find me at @veen_83, and I will eventually come up with a hashtag to use along the way. Suggestions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment