the wonderful world of veena.

22 June 2012

radio silence.

It's been a whirlwind since returning to India, and I've had so many things to write about that I've just not known where to begin, so I've not written anything. Good logic, don't you think?

We began with 6 crazy days in Bangalore, filled with lots of laughter, quite a bit of rum, and a few tears thrown in for good measure. My brother had a blast meeting my Bangalore peeps, and he and the Peanut quickly became best friends. It's so crazy how much she's changed in the last 11 months; she's now walking and talking and forming sentences, and she's somehow morphed into such a little person. I could gush for days about how she's the smartest child to ever happen to the world, but I shall spare you. For now.

From here we went to Coimbatore to say hi to the family. I stuck around for 6 days and hung out with my cousins before abandoning my brother there and running back to Bangalore. Then I spent the weekend in Coorg with Shonali and Sanjeev doing nothing but reading on our porch and playing in the rain. It was exactly what I needed to re-settle my system.

And this week I have been shacking with Amai and Nilah while Kishore has been out of town. It's been nice to slum around Chamarajpet again, even if for just a few days.

So that is pretty much the last 3 weeks in a nutshell. In between I have been working on IRB approval, contacting potential Capstone organizations, and a few things for Room to Read. I won't lie, it's been difficult to motivate myself to do work when there are children to play with and restaurants and pubs to visit and naps to tak and other general distractions. But I'm slowly getting it done.

Next on the horizon: Amai's birthday pub crawl; Amai's and my birthday party; a few days in Surat to visit Masi; a few days in Goa with my favourites Maggie and Mitchell; possibly joining the Fettes group to Mahaballipuram.

I really just need to figure out how to get paid to be on holiday for the rest of my life. Suggestions?
xx

1 comment:

  1. Dear Veena

    Just write a little bit every day. I have fallen into a blog three times a week routine. WMB

    ReplyDelete