the wonderful world of veena.

03 March 2015

bangalore eats: om sai skanda dosa camp.

If you are craving an awesome masala dosa in Bangalore, look no further than the Om Sai Skanda Dosa Camp on Cambridge Road. It's fast, it's cheap, and it's delicious, which is really all you can ask for in a masala dosa.

I generally tend to gravitate toward the darshinis and side-of-the-road places for things like masala dosas, partly because they are cheap and delicious but also because I love standing and watching them make the dosas. These places run like machines, and it is fascinating.

[making new friends and watching my dinner being made] 
[when he saw us taking photos, he put on a little show]
When I was in town a few weeks ago, we had dinner at Dosa Camp before I had to catch my bus back to Hyderabad. I had never been there before, and I loved it. The food was delicious [we also tried a vada], and I enjoyed making friends with the guys who worked there. I think they were all amused by me, and since it was early and a bit slow, they enjoyed my enthusiasm thoroughly. Bonus points for the people watching afforded since Cambridge Road was a mess of traffic [after-work people + festival crowd. yikes].

It's a must-visit if you're in the city and craving a nice masala dosa.
xx

3 comments: