the wonderful world of veena.

09 March 2015

a new home, a new beginning.

As I have been in the process of updating this blog and the content on it, I kept coming back to one recurring theme: it might be time to finally switch to Wordpress. It's something that I have been going back-and-forth on for a few years now, but the idea of moving all of my archives just seemed like too daunting of a task. I didn't want to do it.

But in the last few months, it's been cropping up more and more. I've been hearing about Wordpress for a number of years and have continually been told that it is easier to use, and with the open-source concept, I own all of the information on my blog [as opposed to Blogger, which is owned and run by Google]. And since I used Wordpress during my Wandering Samaritan days last year, I am somewhat familiar with how it works.

With my move back to Bangalore and few new series in the works, I finally decided it was time, and so I've done it: I've created a new blog and will be posting my new updates over there. It is still under construction and is going to take some time to get into full working order, but I've got to start somewhere.

As for my archives, they will continue to live here. It is far too much work to move them onto a new platform, and in a way I like the idea of a fresh start. In the initial months, as I build up the new site, I will be linking back to posts on this one, but soon enough it will be able to stand on its own.

I have loved getting my blogging beginning on here, but in a way this move makes me feel like I'm growing up just a little bit. Wish me luck, and come say hi on my new site!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment