the wonderful world of veena.

09 January 2011

my little peanut.


Seeing as how I have appointed myself honorary Godmother [that whole being Hindu thing got in the way of being able to be it for real] for baby Nilah, I wanted to share a picture of me with her after her Christening.

She's just about the cutest thing ever, and I could babble on about her for days. She's finally beginning to recognize faces, and it's so fun when she recognizes me and her face breaks out into an ear-splitting grin. Makes everything else in the world seem so trivial.

When we were driving to Chamarajpet the other day, I had her on my lap, and she was staring so contentedly out the window that for a moment it made me wonder what it is that she sees. I wanted to be able to see through her eyes for a minute, just to know. Ws it colors, or shapes, or just a blur whizzing by? Whatever it was, she was enraptured. Babies really are fascinating creatures.

That's all I've got for the time being. Exam is in approximately 60 hours! Keep those fingers crossed!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment