the wonderful world of veena.

16 December 2010

I can feel the excitement.

Or rather, the excitement I'm sure everyone would be feeling if they new about my new entrance into the blogging world (I know the term is technically "blogosphere", but I feel like a bit of poser using it).

I know this whole blogging thing is old news, and honestly the only reason I've put it off this long is because a) I enjoy stalking other people's blogs more than writing my own, and b) we all know that I have a short attention span and tend to get distracted by every shiny object that comes along my way, so I worry that I won't keep up with it. But here we go anyway.

My main motivation for getting into it now is that it provides a great break from GRE-studying and essay-writing. And it's also good practice for getting back into writing. Having majored in History, I'm no stranger to writing, but it's been 6 years since I graduated, and the only things I've really written since then are Intern Manuals for Peace Child. So I figured this would get me back into writing mode. I experienced a bit of writer's block with these grad school essays, and it was not a pleasant time for me.

So here I am. I'm a bit all over the place today since I don't have anything specific to write about. Mailed my essays and CV today. Spent the day studying for the Math portion of the GRE at Matteo. Late lunch with Prakash. Meeting at Bern's house. Stayed and hung out with Amai and the Peanut for a while. All in all mostly uneventful, but quite productive. I need a few more days like today and then I'll feel ok about having to take this test in less than a month. Yikes.

Crazy day tomorrow: 2 loads (minimum) of washing; dusting and sweeping of my house; basic clean of the bathroom; bed and couch need to be stripped and re-made; bus tickets for Ian and Vikki need to be booked; and house needs to be put in place. And all of that needs to happen before 5, because Prakash's office Christmas party is in the evening. Because, that's right, Christmas is in a week. One week. I'm not sure how that happened, but here it is, and I am yet to watch a Christmas movie. Missed my annual post-Thanksgiving Sunday viewing of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation for the first time since it became a tradition 10 years ago. And Charlie Brown, Garfield, and the Grinch are yet to make their appearance this year. Which means that there is still a lot that needs to happen before Ralphie gets his turn on Christmas Eve. Here we go, time-management skills!

So for now I am off to bed. But prepare yourselves for the amazing-ness that is to come.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment