the wonderful world of veena.

13 November 2014

35 things to do before i turn 35. because a new project is just what i need.

I know, I know, 35 is still quite a long way away. But it's the next round number that I'm going to hit, and I never felt good about not following through on my 30before30 list [shoot, I don't think I even came up with 30 things to accomplish before I turned 30, which was kind of sad], so I figured it was time to assess the things I wanted to do before I hit the 3-5. And besides, 35 would be a lot of things to do in just one year; this way I have 3.5 years to do all the things I want to do. Genius, right?

This started rolling around in my head a few weeks ago when I was telling someone about my upcoming trip to Green Bay for a Packers game [happening this weekend!]. I was explaining that I've never been to a Packers game - never even been to an NFL game - and it's something I want to cross off my list. That got me thinking about other things I want to make a priority, and thus the list was born [admittedly a few were borrowed from the 30before30 list, but most are new].

It will come as no surprise that most of the items on my list revolve around traveling and reading, but I tried to get some other ones in there, too. I am also leaving the list a little open-ended, because I'm sure there will be things I'll want to add along the way. Twenty-six things are more than enough to keep me occupied for the time being, and I will fill in the final 9 as time progresses.

So, without further ado, the 35 things I will do before I turn 35:
  1. Go to a Packers game at Lambeau Field.
  2. Finish reading The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan [I'm currently on book 4 of .... this might be for my 40 before 40 list...].
  3. Visit 3 new countries.
  4. Be vegetarian for one month.
  5. Complete a full marathon [yep, definitely lost my mind].
  6. Learn a second language.
  7. Learn to scuba dive.
  8. Read one book by Ayn Rand [either The Fountainhead or Atlas Shrugged].
  9. See a show on Broadway.
  10. Treat myself to a proper spa day.
  11. Take a spontaneous road trip.
  12. Try at least 2 new foods.
  13. Learn to [properly] drive a stick shift.
  14. Go parasailing.
  15. Visit any / all of the following: Ladakh, Manali, Darjeeling, Amritsar.
  16. Read Gone With the Wind.
  17. Drive along the Scottish and Welsh coastlines.
  18. Take a cross-country train journey.
  19. Spend an entire weekend watching the Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and The Godfather trilogies.
  20. Go unplugged and off the grid for one week.
  21. Take a cooking class.
  22. Go on a blind date.
  23. Pay for a stranger's meal.
  24. Take a spin or barre class.
  25. Go to Las Vegas.
  26. Read the books on this list that I've not already completed.
Let's do this.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment