the wonderful world of veena.

13 October 2013

restaurant review: the nook atlanta.

Last Friday, while in Atlanta for Caitlin and Wes' wedding, I grabbed dinner from The Nook, and I thought I'd share my experience with you.

I enjoyed The Nook for the following 6 reasons:

  1. the Totchos. for those of you not in the know, Totchos are a creation of the Nook that are tater tot nachos. and yes, they are just as amazing as they sound. I went with the Loaded PoTotchos - cheese sauce, sour cream, bacon bits, shredded cheese, and scallions - and added jalapenos on the side. and because I ordered the snack-size, they were only $5 and still super filling.
  2. it was walking distance from my hotel. I don't know Atlanta super well, and my car was in valet, so I didn't want to have to drive anywhere to pick up food, especially since the Braves game was on at the time, and I wanted to watch it. so walking distance was key.
  3. I also wanted something not super heavy, particularly since I was staying in a hotel and didn't want to waste food / have leftovers. being able to order the snack-size was a great option.
  4. a cool atmosphere. they have great outdoor seating, and it was already filled with people enjoying a beautiful Friday evening when I walked over just before 7 to get my food. and inside it has the feel of a nice comfortable pub, with great bar seating and a number of televisions. I sat at the bar and watched the Braves game while I waited for my order, so I only missed a few half-innings while walking back and forth.
  5. the price. I know I got the snack portion, so my dinner was ridiculously cheap, but the full-size order was only about $9, and I can imagine that I could make that stretch to 2 or 3 meals. that's pretty good bang-for-your-buck. for a city like Atlanta, the prices on the menu were really reasonable.
  6. the view. if you sit outside, you have a view of Piedmont Park. that's pretty nice.
Important Info:
Location: 1144 Piedmont Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30309. about a 5-minute walk from my hotel, the W Midtown, overlooking Piedmont Park. if you're driving in on I-75, it's exit 250 for 10th St / 14th St.
Parking: there's a limited amount of parking in the alley just next to the restaurant, or else you can park at a garage around the corner and get a discounted rate with a receipt from The Nook.
Serves: brunch, lunch, dinner, and drinks.
Specialties: Totchos, Bloody Marys, Fishbowls.
Prices: very reasonable. snack-size Totchos are $5 and full-size is either $9 or $10. either way, a good deal. I only briefly glanced at the rest of the menu, but it looked pretty reasonable as well.
Methods of Payment: accepts cash and cards.

It was just what I needed for my Friday night dinner, and I'm glad I decided to check it out. And it's safe to say, after experiencing totchos, I'm pretty sure my life will never be the same.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment