the wonderful world of veena.

03 September 2011

biting the bullet.

Over the course of however many years it has been since the creation of Twitter, I have refused to use it.  I find it slightly annoying, I kind of think it's ridiculous, and I'm too wordy to be able to limit myself to 140 characters.  I really just don't see how it would be useful in my life.

And I still don't.

But the other night, I downloaded the app for it on my phone.

Why, you ask?  Well, I'll tell you - I did it for Nikolai.  He is the Director of Public Programs for the Clinton School, and when I was discussing doing the blog posts with him the other night, he mentioned that he has a Twitter account for Public Programs and wants the students who write the blog posts to also "live tweet" during the speakers.

So what does this mean for me?  It means that I am now a pseudo Twitter user.  I still don't have an account of my own, and I most likely never will, but I will be utilizing it to inform the world of interesting things our speakers say during lectures / speeches / presentations / panels.

Be on the lookout for me, attempting to limit myself to 140 characters, one day soon.
Woo pig.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment